- evaluate the causes of growth in the community.
- identify future opportunities and challenges
- bring together new partners and resources
- raise the profile of English-speaking artists
- 2 day Summit of community leaders and partners (Société des arts technologiques)
- book launch: Minority Report (Centaur Theatre)
- 2 panel discussions on the future of English Language artists in French Quebec. (Conseil des arts de Montréal)
State of the Arts brought together 100 community leaders from all artistic disciplines and several important regions of Quebec, along with funders from all three levels of government. Participants identified challenges of common concern. ELAN's role as artistic community catalyst was affirmed, but participants also recognized their own need to actively participate in creating strategies and developing projects.
The book launch of Minority Report put names, faces and accomplishments to a new generation of artists whose work is just beginning to be recognized as a major force in Quebec culture. The panel discussions provided reassurance that although the global dominance of English business and popular American culture remain a threat for Quebec culture, the English-speaking artists who have chosen to live and invest their talent in Quebec are viewed as assets.
Documents from the the State of the Arts Summit can be found online.
The Book of Proceedings provides a general overview of the summit.
Read the press release.
Lisez le communiqué de presse.
Get your copy of Minority Report.
Visit our event photo gallery.
Visit the Summit Facebook page.