In mid-July we will move to our own office on the 7th floor in the same building (suite 708) at 460 Ste-Catherine West. We’re hoping for a quick and painless move, but please forgive us if we’re a bit slower than usual to respond, especially between July 14-18.
We’ll hold an open house in the fall so you can come and visit our new home! Keep an eye on ELANews, Facebook and Twitter for more info in August.
- Vallum Magazine is hiring a Publicity & Marketing Assistant for a full time 7.5 month contract position. Apply by JULY 5.
- Black Theatre Workshop is hiring a Marketing Assistant for a 30 week contract. Applicants must be eligible for Emploi Québec Employment Subsidies. Apply by AUGUST 6.
- Black Theatre Workshop is hiring a Box Office Coordinator for a 30 week contract. Applicants must be eligible for Emploi Québec Employment Subsidies. Apply by AUGUST 6.
- Playwrights’ Workshop Montréal and the Cole Foundation are seeking applications for 2017 Cole Foundation Competition for Emerging Translators.If you are a translator looking to translate a play into French or English, submit your proposal by AUGUST 16.
- Infinitheatre Montréal is hiring a Box Office Manager. For more information on the contract please contact manager@Infinitheatre.com.
- ArtWill Studio is looking for a Creative Assistant to help with administration, outreach and social media. The contract is for a student and will be 30 hours per week for a 10 week contract. For more information contact Dierdre Potash at email@example.com.
- YES Montreal is hiring a part-time Business Coach. To apply, send along CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YES Montreal is hiring an Employment Counsellor. To apply, send along CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
- YES Montreal is hiring an Administrative Assistant. To apply, send along CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Montreal Art Center is seeking performing artists for their new monthly program called ‘1st Friday’s Live’. For more information on the criteria, see the submission call here.
- The Emerging Digital Artists Award (EDAA) is currently accepting applications for its 2017 award program. Applicants are encouraged to play with moving image formats such as video, animation, and GIF art. Apply by JULY 10.
Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ)
Funding for individuals:
- Acquisition and Marketing – Rolling
- Commissioned Works – Rolling
- Literary shows or storytelling and hypermedia literary works – Rolling
- Professional Development – Rolling
- Promotion – Rolling
- Research & Creation – Rolling
- Travel – Rolling
Funding for arts organizations:
- Specific Programming Support (Description in FR only) – Rolling
Conseil des arts de Montréal
- Des ponts culturels d’une rive est l’autre – July 21 2017
SODEC (Info in FR only)
SODEC provides funding primarly to organizations. Please check your discipline for specific deadlines.
Canada Council for the Arts
Canada Council for the Arts | Conseil des Arts du Canada launched its new online application portal on JUNE 5.
Engage and Sustain components
Creating, Knowing and Sharing: The Arts and Cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples components
- Travel – Rolling
- Small-Scale Activities – Rolling
- Short-Term Projects – 21 September 2017, 21 December 2017
- Long-Term Projects – 21 December 2017
- Indigenous Organizations – July 10 2017
Supporting Artistic Practice components
- Professional Development for Arts Professionals – September 30 2017, 31 December 2017, 31 March 2018
- Sector Innovation and Development – December 15 2017
- Literary Publishing Projects – October 10 2017, March 15 2018
- Literary Publishers – July 10 2017
- Support Organizations – July 4 2017
- National Arts Service Organizations – July 10 2017
Arts Across Canada components
- Travel – Rolling
- Representation and Promotion – Rolling
- Translation – October 20 2017, January 20 2017
- Circulation and Touring – September 25 2017, January 25 2018
- Foreign Artists Tours – September 25 2017, January 25 2018
- Public Outreach (Composite Grants) – November 10 2017
- Public Outreach (Project Grants) – July 10 2017, November 10 2017
- Arts Festivals Presenters – July 4 2017
Arts Abroad components
- YES Montreal is offering a FREE lunchtime seminars Funny You Should Say that: Influence with Humour (JULY 4).
- Sign-up for YES Montreal’s free arts orientation session, Jump Start Your Art & Financing Options, taking place on (JULY 17)
- Sign-up for YES Montreal’s free arts orientation session, Jump Start Your Job Search taking place on every Tuesday and Friday 2-4pm.
- CUTV is offering free media productions workshops: Script Writing/Story Board (JULY 5, AUGUST 2), Lighting (JULY 11, AUGUST 8) Premiere (JULY 12, AUGUST 9), and After Effects (JULY 21, AUGUST 18).
- Sign-up for painting workshops in Hudson with Kathleen Conover, AUGUST 28-31. E-mail Kathleen directly for more information.
ELAN congratulates our French-language counterpart, the FCCF (Fédération culturelle canadienne-française) on 40 years of admirable work supporting, encouraging and celebrating French-speaking artists in all the provinces and territories across Canada!
Twenty-five years after the launch of Quebec’s first Cultural Policy, which led to the creation of CALQ and SODEC, and 15 months after consultations began, Luc Fortin, Minister of Culture and Communications, has released a draft of the new Cultural Policy.
ELAN consulted its members last summer and presented a brief to the Minister last fall, expressing our concerns that the working documents indicated an alarming discomfort with English-language art and artists. We understand the importance of celebrating French-language culture, but we also know that when Arcade Fire won a Grammy Award in 2011 the National Assembly voted a unanimous resolution recognizing that English-speaking artists can also be worthy ambassadors for Quebec.
The new policy fills many gaps from 1992, particularly the digital shift, and recognition of the importance of Indigenous artists. It is not perfect, but the Minister and his team have made a serious effort to be modern and inclusive.
The Ministry of Culture and Communications is currently inviting feedback on the draft Cultural Policy (FR). This is the last chance for you to have your say! Take a few minutes to review the document, then send your comments to the Ministry, or to ELAN (email@example.com) and we will include them with ours.
Thanks to all ELAN members who responded to the call to participate in Arts Alive! Québec 2017!
More than four dozen proposals were received and shared with our regional partners. The three July festivals had an exceptionally tight deadline to complete their programming, but managed to include several ELAN members.
If you have not heard back, do not fear! ELAN’s other partners are still programming artists for August and September. We except to include quite a few ELAN members in Huntingdon, Wakefield, and the West Island. We will keep you posted as programming is finalized.
See you at the St-Ambroise Terrace on Tuesday, August 8. Save the date! More details coming soon.