Multidisciplinary / General
- The Savvy Sessions presents Grant Writing and Social Media — Learn about new funding models, grant-writing language, and useful tools that will help you put together a spectacular grant submission! To register, email June Park at (email@example.com) and book your spot now! JANUARY 20, 2018 in SHERBROOKE, QUEBEC. See the Facebook event here.
- The Surplace Media Co-op is offering Book Making 101 workshop with Hannah Materne (6 sessions x 2 hrs). Book Making 101 teaches first-time bookmakers how to make a graphically sound, high-quality book! Hannah Materne will cover graphic design, binding techniques, typography, paper types, layouts, Adobe InDesign, and more! This 6 week workshop starts JANUARY 22, 2018. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how. Click here to register.
- YES (Youth Employment Services) is offering a workshop: Jump Start Your Art & Financing Options (also available online). This workshop will inform participants about available support services from YES and other arts organizations. Participants will also receive an overview on how to finance their work(s). JANUARY 22, 2018 at 1:30PM – 3:30PM. Click here to learn more.
- YES (Youth Employment Services) is offering a grant writing workshop: Grant Writing Essentials – Two part mini series (also available online). Participants will learn important grant writing techniques such as composing a pitch that works, budgeting, timelines, and more. JANUARY 24 and 31, 2018 at 6:30PM – 8:30PM. Click here to learn more.
- YES (Youth Employment Services) is offering a language workshop: French for Job Seekers – This workshop will reintroduce participants to the basics of the French language. Intensive work will be spent on reading, writing, speaking, and listening. This workshop takes place on Tuesdays and Fridays from JANUARY 30 to FEBRUARY 23, 2018. Click here for more information.
- Centre culturel George Vanier is holding a workshop: Gravure – Introduction à la point-sèche (FR) by Anna Jane McIntyre on FEBRUARY 8 till MARCH 22, 2018 (6 courses). Click here for more information.
- Curious about tap dance? Join ELAN Member Jessica Rae at her Bouge Workshop: Tap Dance with Jessica Rae! This is a Pay-what-you-can event but participants must register ahead of time. JANUARY 12, 2018. Click here to see the Facebook event.
- The Savvy Sessions presents Tune In: The Music Industry — Serious about taking your music career to the next level? Learn how with Bonsound’s Gourmet Délice and Jon Weisz of Indie Montreal. To register, email June Park at (email@example.com) and book your spot now! FEBRUARY 4, 2018 in MONTREAL, QUEBEC. See the Facebook event here.
- The Surplace Media Co-op is offering a workshop on Emotion and Form – Drawing and Illustration with Sarah Mangle (6 sessions x 2 hrs). This workshop series playfully explores many drawing techniques with special focus on exploration and risk taking. Artists of all experience levels are welcome, including complete beginners. Activities will include: drawing warm ups, drawing with brush and ink, timed drawing exercises with prompts, self-portraiture, narrative, and drawing from food. SUNDAYS from 12PM-2PM, starting JANUARY 28, 2018. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how. Click here to register.
- The Surplace Media Co-op is offering a writing workshop: Write like a Pro with Colleen Kimmett (4 sessions x 3 hrs). This workshop will guide participants through the stylistic and technical elements that make a great piece of writing. It will draw heavily from the art and craft of narrative non-fiction, but will be relevant for anyone who wants to communicate more effectively through the written word. Over the course of the workshop, we’ll cover shaping ideas; planning and organizing material; elements of storytelling; wordcraft and style; finding your voice; tough-love editing; and, finally, putting your work out there. This workshop starts on FEBRUARY 6, 2018. ELAN Members get a 10% discount. Email us at email@example.com to learn how. Click here to register.