https://www.quebec-elan.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/pexels-photo-187334.jpg 2120 3888 ELAN Communications https://www.quebec-elan.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/menu-Elan-Logo-W-1030x458.png ELAN Communications2018-01-31 18:57:442019-05-08 17:46:38Workshops - February 2018
Multidisciplinary / General
- Centre culturel George Vanier is holding a workshop: Gravure – Introduction à la point-sèche (FR) by Anna Jane McIntyre on FEBRUARY 8 till MARCH 22, 2018 (6 sessions). Click here for more information.
- YES Montreal is offering a free workshop for artists: Jump Start Your Art & Financing Options. Learn about the support services that are available to artists through YES and other arts organizations, and get an overview of how you can finance your work. FEBRUARY 12, 2018 from 1:30 – 3:30 PM. FREE. Visit www.yesmontreal.ca for more information. Find more workshops hosted by YES here.
- Genius Marketing is hosting a workshop: Marketing and Social Media for Artists with Rodrigo Varera FEBRUARY 18, 2018 from 1 – 4 PM
- The Savvy Sessions presents Accounting for Artists with Joel Fishbane. Learn the basics about the tax system, eligible artistic expenses, and the differences between the Quebec and Federal tax systems. There will be information on GST/QST, an overview of corporations, and the costs and benefits of being incorporated. FEBRUARY 24, 2018 from 1 – 4 PM.
- Career Labs presents Risk and Resilience: Living Artistically with Yourself and with Others. This workshop will be led by Jacob Wren and Moe Clark. Details to come. MARCH 7, 2018.
- The Savvy Sessions presents On Stage: Self Producing for theatre artists, with Jenn Quinn and Julie Tamiko Manning. Details to come. FEBRUARY 17, 2018 from 1-5PM.
- The Savvy Sessions presents Tune In: The Music Industry — Serious about taking your music career to the next level? Learn how with Bonsound’s Gourmet Délice and Jon Weisz of Indie Montreal. To register, email June Park at (firstname.lastname@example.org) and book your spot now! FEBRUARY 4, 2018 in MONTREAL, QUEBEC. See the Facebook event here.
- The Intergenerational Workshop is looking for participants between the ages of 14-18 or over 65. Explore the techniques and materials of drawing, watercolour, printmaking, and multimedia. Collaborate to develop a story, and create a graphic novel or illustrated story in 10 weeks. The workshop will take place at the Pointe-St.-Charles Art School, dates and timing will be announced soon. This program is FREE. Please contact Kristina Urquhart to participate – email@example.com or 514-935-7107.
- The Pointe-St.-Charles Art School is hosting a new session titled Saving the Planet through Art: the History of Earth Art. The course will be part lecture on the history of the Earth Art movement from 1960 until today, and part earth work/action that the students create themselves. MONDAYS, MARCH 12 – APRIL 16, 7-9PM. Register here.
- The Pointe-St.-Charles Art School is hosting a free Mandala workshop on SUNDAY, MARCH 11, 3:30 – 5:30PM for Creative Arts Therapies Week. Register here.
- The Surplace Media Co-op is offering a writing workshop: Write like a Pro with Colleen Kimmett (4 sessions x 3 hrs). This workshop will guide participants through the stylistic and technical elements that make a great piece of writing. It will draw heavily from the art and craft of narrative non-fiction, but will be relevant for anyone who wants to communicate more effectively through the written word. Over the course of the workshop, we’ll cover shaping ideas; planning and organizing material; elements of storytelling; wordcraft and style; finding your voice; tough-love editing; and, finally, putting your work out there. This workshop starts on FEBRUARY 6, 2018. ELAN Members get a 10% discount. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how. Click here to register.
- The Quebec Writers’ Federation presents Less is More: The A to Z of Poetry Chapbooks. Join two current publishers, Jim Johnstone and Karen Schindler, for an overview of their chapbook work and small-press experiences. The workshop will focus on how line-ups are chosen, best practices for submissions, how revisions proceed between editor and author, book design and construction, marketing, and event planning. MARCH 19, 2018, 5-8PM. Click here for registration and additional information.