https://www.quebec-elan.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/pexels-photo-357159.jpeg 1331 2520 ELAN Communications https://www.quebec-elan.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/menu-Elan-Logo-W-1030x458.png ELAN Communications2018-09-04 21:09:542019-05-08 17:45:02Calls for Submissions - September 2018
- Conseil des arts de Montréal along with Prix de la danse de Montréal is seeking applicants for their annual prize, the Envol Award, which celebrates inclusion in the arts. Submissions are open to choreopgraphers, performers, costume or set designers / lighting directors, cultural workers, artists’ collectives, organizations, and more. Deadline is OCTOBER 1, 2018. Click here for details.
Film & Media
- fliQs queer film night is seeking submissions for short videos, films, animations, and experimental videos. Deadline is SEPTEMBER 9, 2018. Click here for details.
Literature / Writing
- VOLUME 1 MTL : ART AND THE BOOK, launches its first edition from OCTOBER 15 – 21, 2018, featuring Montreal’s first annual art book fair on OCTOBER 20 – 21, 2018 at the SAT, 1201 St-Laurent. Artists and publishers can apply for a table online. This is an opportunity to make sales, promote yourself, as well as network and discover other publishers and artists. Deadline is SEPTEMBER 13, 2018. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for details.
- Art/iculation is seeking submissions on “The Art of Healing.” Stories, illustrations, personal essays, poetry, photography, and / or other creative practices that helped your or others through difficult times. Deadline is SEPTEMBER 15, 2018. Click here for details.
- 100 Thousand Poets 4 Change Blues Festival is seeking submissions for their open mic poetry event. Sign up and submit your performance by emailing: 100TPCMONTREAL@gmail.com. Event will take place on SEPTEMBER 28, 2018. Click here for event details.
- VALLUM Contemporary Poetry is seeking submissions for Vallum 16:1 on the theme of Connections. Send in your best work. Deadline is NOVEMBER 15, 2018. Click here for details.
- Adleisia Women’s Choir is looking for new singers. Auditions are taking place on SEPTEMBER 5, 2018 from 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM at Christ Church Cathedral in Montreal. Contact email@example.com for more information and to book an audition. Click here to learn more about Adleisia Women’s Choir.
- Infinithéâtre’s annual play-writing competition Write-on-Q! is seeking submissions from Indigenous playwrights from across Canada and local playwrights based in Québec. Deadline is SEPTEMBER 4, 2018. Click here for details.
- National Theatre School of Canada is seeking applicants for Artistic Leadership Residencies. Deadline is SEPTEMBER 11, 2018. Click here for details.
- Journeys Through Health is an annual community-based visual arts exhibition offering a space of reflection for all who are touched by illness. The exhibition will be displayed at the Montreal General Hospital. Artists are invited to submit their artworks exploring the transformative potential of illness and healing. Deadline is SEPTEMBER 10, 2018. Click here for details.
- The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, with the support of Conseil des arts de Montréal is seeking candidates for an upcoming artist residency: Impressions. The residency will span 8 weeks from JANUARY – MARCH, 2019. Deadline is OCTOBER 9, 2018. Click here for details.
- Diagonale is accepting open submissions from artists and curators. Deadline is OCTOBER 15, 2018. Click here for details.
- 2018 Annual Accenti Photo Competition is seeking submissions on the theme: “Capture an Italian Moment.” Top prize is $1000.00 and publication. Deadline is NOVEMBER 1, 2018. Click here for details.
- Blank Gallery is a platform to connect artists with local venues that offer wall space. Browse their roster of local venues that offer wall space, and match with a venue to showcase your work. There is not deadline. Click here for details.
- MCLL (McGill Community for Lifelong Learning) is seeking art submissions. The MCLL hosts art exhibits each session – fall, winter, and spring. Art work must be able to be hung on the wall. Exhibit will take place from 5 – 10 weeks at the McGill Continuing Education Building. Contact Jackie Cytrynbaum for information by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 514-487-4956. Deadline is not listed.