State of the Arts is a community consultation aimed to better understand how we as artists, cultural workers, arts organizers, funders, and audiences are all connected, and how we can help each other strengthen our arts community together through thoughtful collaboration and meaningful exchanges.
ELAN recognizes that there are many rapidly evolving conversations regarding access, inclusion, working conditions, economics, appropriation, and other barriers that prevent our community from thriving.
Through this project, we commit to actively listen and find practical ways to recognize and validate the diverse experiences of artists who speak in English and who make up an important segment of Quebec’s evolving identity.
Through State of the Arts, we will:
- Compile and share existing resources
- Build relationships in Montreal and the Regions
- Have in-person and online conversations to learn more about your needs, wants, barriers, and actions
- Host a one-day event on February 28, 2019 (save the date!)
- Identify and support meaningful opportunities and initiatives that emerge from our conversations
Get Involved! Your opinions and feedback are important to us.
Be sure to watch out for upcoming surveys, which will be shared via email.
We appreciate your participation!
If you have any questions about this ELAN project,
contact Amy Macdonald at email@example.com.