“How do we stay connected in a world pandemic? Bringing teachers, students and artists together virtually or in-person allows us to create unique and meaningful projects. These experiences connect, revive and inspire us! The students in this project came up with 97 ways to Stay Connected.”
– Stay Connected, an ArtistsInspire project facilitated by Emily Read with the Grade 6 students at Carlyle Elementary School
The ELAN ArtEd team feels that Art and Artists are crucial to staying connected in these unprecedented times. To make connecting Artists and Schools as easy as possible, we’ve suspended the School Grant deadline. Schools can now apply for their 2020-21 ArtistsInspire Grant anytime this school year. See our ArtistsInspire Virtual Workshop Catalogues for Elementary & Secondary Schools or Connect with an Artist to explore amazing possibilities for high quality, interactive Arts & Culture experiences in every discipline:
What exactly does Art have to offer schools and students in these times? Our Artists are eloquent on this topic, as you can see on the ELAN ArtEd YouTube channel:
Visual Arts: Jessica Houston
A reminder about our previous good news – this year only, our funder has agreed to help us reach as many students as possible as follows:
- Schools that did not apply in Year 1 may have two grants = $3000 for one or two Artist(s)/Arts Organization experiences.
- Combined Elementary/High Schools can have two grants. Please contact us to apply for your second grant.
- Three Virtual campus teachers per board can apply for a grant. Contact Christie Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org to organize.
Want to help? Let’s work together to bring quality arts experiences to our children, youth and communities whether on-line or in-person! Forward this link to schools and teachers who may be interested or share our Facebook post with your community.
For more information and inspiration see:
- Elementary School Virtual Workshop Catalogue
- High School Virtual Workshop Catalogue
- Artist Profiles for our artists’ wide range of offerings
- Stories & News and Online Youth & Family Workshops for past workshops and projects
- ELAN ArtEd YouTube playlist for Artist and participant testimonials
- Virtual Facilitation Guide for Artists for tips on leading arts and learning online
- Virtual Teaching Guide for tips for teachers on leading arts and learning online
To stay in touch and receive info on grants and deadlines:
- Sign up for our newsletters/email updates:
- Follow us on Social Media:
- Contact us: email@example.com, 438-979-1171
Developing students’ creativity through Artist-facilitated virtual or in-person Arts & Culture experiences is what we do!
Yours, the ArtEd team
Barbara von Thaden, Christie Huff, Guillaume Jabbour & Louise Campbell