This event is no longer taking place at Laurier Park but via Zoom due to the recent rise of Covid-19 cases. For your safety, ELAN has opted to host a virtual event where we can all meet and greet in our comfy homes! If you would like to attend our virtual schmoozer, please email email@example.com to RSVP.
IN-PERSON EVENT CANCELLED
Monday, September 21
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Laurier Park – Near Metro Laurier
(A precise location will be shared once your rsvp is confirmed)
Click here to RSVP
Exclusive to ELAN Members
The weather is cooling down and jaunts in the park are slowly coming to an end. Before we dust off our winter coats, ELAN would like to invite its members to an in-person fall Schmoozer in Laurier Park! Please note that we will be taking many precautions to ensure your safety. That said, if you are uncomfortable with this in-person event, know that we will be hosting many future events via Zoom.
COVID Safety Measures
While ELAN’s online events will continue as normal, many of our members have expressed the desire for safe, socially distanced, outdoor events as well. Before the cool weather sets in, we are excited to experiment with an outdoor Schmoozer in Laurier Park!
Below are some of the safety measures that we are taking, as well as those that we expect from our members during this event. They are informed by government recommendations, the various concerns of ELAN staff, and precedents observed via other arts organizations. For those on the fence: rest assured that an online Schmoozer will follow shortly after, and that the rest of our events will continue virtually for now. We’re also available to discuss any questions, concerns, or further recommendations for stronger safety precautions.
In order to attend, members must read the following instructions and properly register in advance.
- This event will be limited to 20 members. Please note that staff are not included in this number, so total participants will be closer to 25.
- To ensure your spot, you must RSVP. Please do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have RSVP’d, you will be sent an online form outlining ELAN’s safety expectations for this event. To complete your registration, you must read and agree to the outlined precautions — they’ll explain what we expect from you, as well as what you can expect from us.
Preparing for the event:
- Please bring your own mask.
- To limit contact, we ask attendees to bring their own food and drinks. Please note that if you choose to bring an alcoholic beverage, you must bring food with you as well. ELAN will not be providing attendees with refreshments.
- ELAN will provide hand-sanitizer and disposable masks for folks who forget.
- If you are experiencing fever or other COVID-related symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has, we ask that you please stay home.
- We will be using hula-hoops to delineate space and ensure proper distancing.
- Hula-hoops will be placed on the ground 2 metres from each other. They will be organized into smaller groups, so that folks are still able to engage in regular conversation.
- Every 20 minutes, members will be able to change groups/hula-hoops, ensuring that you meet as many people as you like.
- While travelling between hula-hoops, masks will be required.
- When stationary and properly distanced, members are welcome to remove their masks if they are drinking. Otherwise, we ask that you please keep them on.
- ELAN will have a designated staff person on hand to ensure these rules are upheld and that attendees feel safe. ELAN also reserves the right to remove participants who do not follow the above guidelines.
After the event:
ELAN will contact all participants in case of an outbreak following the event.