The ACH working group was inspired by a multipartite entente between the umbrella group for minority language francophone artists outside Quebec – la Fédération culturelle canadienne-française (FCCF) – and six federal cultural agencies. The first meeting of the English-language working group took place in November 2010.
The annual ACH working group meeting began to be jointly produced by the Quebec Regional Office of the Department of Canadian Heritage, ELAN and the Quebec Anglophone Heritage Network (QAHN).
Ten artists and two historians met with 12 senior representatives from federal cultural agencies:
- Canadian Heritage – Quebec Region
- Canadian Heritage – Building Communities through Arts and Heritage (BCAH)
- Canadian Heritage Canada Cultural Spaces Fund
- Canadian Heritage – Arts Presentation
- Canadian Heritage – Celebration and Commemoration
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC)
- National Film Board of Canada (NFB)
- Telefilm Canada
- National Arts Centre Corporation (NAC)