Get involved! Call for Volunteers
Deadline extended: Monday, June 7, 2021
The annual Arts, Culture and Heritage (ACH) Working Group, brings together arts and heritage service organizations, community members, and government stakeholders for a day of reflection on challenges facing our communities, and brainstorming ideas to mitigate these challenges.
Next, working under the direction of volunteer ACH Co-leaders, and with the support of ELAN staff, these ideas go to small working groups for further development over the year.
This year, the following project ideas have been retained for further development:
- Electronic delivery of the arts is increasing; how can we fully integrate this change into current practices. Do we need create an infrastructure for this?
- The production of a community-wide State of the Arts Conference on equity and inclusion, looking at where we are, sharing best practices, and charting a collective path forward.
- The development of a roadshow, in partnership with local and regional networks, that would allow for organizations like Quebec Drama Federation (QDF), Quebec Writers’ Federation (QWF), YES Employment + Entrepreneurship (YES), English-Language Arts Network (ELAN), to carry out information tours in the regions, with a focus on how we can support development, remotely – e.g. digital infrastructures to support capacity-building training, including business skills and a distance mentorship model.
- Fostering the integration of English-language artists into French arts organizations.
- Creating a centralized calendar (or other platform) for artists to find workshops, professional development opportunities, mentorship, and any other events offered by arts service organizations
- Data collection: collecting and sharing the data needed to support advocacy on issues affecting our communities (burnout, gains and losses of going digital, loss of community spaces etc.)
- Advocacy: preparing for post-COVID (funding for training, pay scales, self-defining priorities for arts and culture etc.)
As we know, “many hands make for lighter burdens.” Therefore, we are opening up the working groups to invite those who do not take part in the annual meeting to join in developing project ideas.
If you would like to get involved in any of the above working groups, please send an email to email@example.com listing which group(s) you would like to be a part of by Monday, June 7, 2021
Friday, May 28, 2021. Initial working group meetings will be held in early June, and each group will then determine their ongoing work plan and schedule.
See our Job Opportunities page for community listings.