Careers with ELAN
Membership Assistant (Contract)
ELAN seeks a Membership Assistant
$16.50/ hour 35 hours per week
Length: as soon as possible – August 25, 2023 (maximum 16 weeks)
This position will provide valuable experience for candidates considering a career in arts and culture administration, and/or membership services, especially in the not-for-profit sector. With the day to day support of the Membership Services and Community Engagement Coordinator, the Membership Assistant will help ELAN staff optimize our membership database, and improve services and outreach to English-language artists and arts organizations in the Regions. The Membership Assistant will have the following duties:
- Member communications
- Maintaining the membership database and assisting members in uploading their profile.
- Spearhead annual member outreach for the ELAN Annual General Meeting
- Carryout member survey regarding ongoing needs
- Supporting ongoing marketing and membership outreach campaigns
- Research potential partners for member benefits
- Build partnerships for future joint community activities, connecting particularly with community organizations that offer artistic activities but may not be primarily arts organizations.
- Attend staff meetings and assist with department reports
- Assist with the planning and implementation of member activities (workshops, networking events, AGM)
- Candidate should be pursuing a post-secondary university, CEGEP or college degree in arts and cultural management, arts administration, general or fine arts, communications, social sciences, marketing, or business.
- Strong spoken and written English, and a working knowledge of French
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and teamwork skills
- Good organizational skills e.g. task prioritization, attention to detail in written work
- Resourceful, with creative problem-solving skills, and the capacity to work autonomously
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word) and email
Please note: This position is funded by Young Canada Works. As such, candidates must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
How to Apply:
DEADLINE: Interviews will continue until a candidate is selected. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please email the following materials to Deborah Forde (Director of Operations) at email@example.com:
- CV/Resume in Word or PDF format • Cover letter in Word or PDF format
o In your cover letter, please detail your interest in the position, and highlight your qualifications and future aspirations as they relate to the position.
ELAN is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage applications from members of the Government of Canada’s job equity groups (i.e. persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and newcomers to Canada), and from all groups who experience marginalization. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter if they are comfortable doing so.
See our Job Opportunities page for community listings.