ELAN15: Call for Performers
ELAN is marking its 15th Anniversary this year, and what better way to do it than by celebrating the work of our members! We’re looking for Performing Artists to take the spotlight during our 15th Anniversary celebrations!
We welcome short performances in Dance, Theatre, Music, Spoken Word/Poetry, and Video Art, with the following criteria:
- The set up and strike should take no more than 1 minute;
- The piece should be no more than 5 minutes;
- A maximum of 5 performers for ensemble pieces;
- An artist fee will be offered based on the number of participants to be confirmed.
Performances will be held between 8 PM – 10 PM, on the evening of our Annual General Meeting on AUGUST 26, 2019. Performers/groups will have the opportunity for a 30 minute rehearsal each at the Rialto Theatre in the afternoon.
We encourage a diversity of applicants, from various disciplines and regions in Quebec. Travel bursaries will be offered for those outside of Montreal.
We are accepting digital applications only, of the following materials:
- Documentation of the proposed work: If you’ve performed the work before, please include video or photos of this particular work. If it’s a new work, include some photos (roughly 5-7) or video of previous performances to give the selection committee a better sense of your work.
- Text description: A brief description of the performance you are proposing. If there is dialogue involved, please submit a script.
- Brief bio: A brief bio of performer or collective.
Video submissions can be a hyperlink (for example: YouTube or Vimeo), a zipped folder, or a file (if you are sharing it from a cloud service like Dropbox, for example, please leave it up until we’ve confirmed that it’s downloaded).
Please email your submissions to: email@example.com.
Emails MUST include the following subject: “ELAN 15 Video Submission – Your Name”.
We will be responding to applicants mid-July.